Apple has released the beta version of Xcode 15.
Xcode 15 enables developers to create, test, and distribute applications for all Apple platforms. Build apps faster with improved code completion, interactive previews, and live animation. Use Git staging to make your next commit without leaving the code. Explore and diagnose test results with updated test reports including video recordings. And seamlessly deploy to TestFlight and the App Store with Xcode Cloud. Creating amazing apps has never been easier, notes NIX Solutions.
- Xcode 15 is now 50% smaller on the Mac App Store, with the ability to download simulators for all platforms.
- Enhanced code completion helps write secure code faster, referencing all your assets. Projects compile faster thanks to improvements in the compiler and a brand-new linker optimized for Apple’s multi-core processor architecture.
- The new bookmark navigator helps track code bookmarks and organize tasks. Localization assets are organized in a new string catalog, providing a centralized way to view and update them.
- Documentation in Xcode 15 is enhanced with a beautiful new design and real-time previews.
- Swift, SwiftUI, and Xcode 15 work seamlessly together. With new Swift macros, Xcode previews are easier to use and now work in SwiftUI, UIKit, and AppKit.
- The new interactive timeline assists in developing and designing widgets. Working with different platforms and devices is made even easier—you can select them directly in the preview to ensure your views look great everywhere.
- Use macro capabilities in the source code editor, setting breakpoints and diving into generated code. Easily access debugging data with the structured console.